Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Our last Tuesday!

Paris brings camp friends together once again :) Paige and myself
Classic Paris.
Two of our classmates and Michelle working hard in class
Hmm..Eiffel Tower anyone?
  • Our last Tuesday here means our last day of 6 hours of class! I know we are learning a lot, but 6 hours of French education is a lot to take in in one day! And of course, once again, the sun was shining while we were working on pronuncation, verb tenses, and dictation! In class this afternoon, we had to write stories about a wedding and how things went wrong on this particular couples' day. The story that my partner, Mario, and I wrote told of how a groom didn't show up for their beautiful wedding at Notre Dame, and when he finally did, his suit was all wet! It was much more funny in class, since we wrote these in French! Our prof read them aloud in class and we all let some giggles out at our classmate's creativity.
  • After finally finishing class at 5pm (or 17h00 if you prefer), Andrew, Jayna, and I hung out on the Champs de Mars (the grassy area by the Eiffel Tower) in the shade. There were lots of people there; playing cards, chatting, playing with their dogs, reading, some even sleeping! It is a wonderful place to hang out! It is a very good place to people watch I realized. As we were leaving the Eiffel Tower area, we had a chance to see the Parisian police at work, attempting to chase away the street vendors from underneath the tower (since these vendors are not authorized to be selling items there). Sad, but entertaining nonetheless.
  • I ate supper with my host family back at home in our apartment. After receiving a message via Facebook, I left on the Metro once again to go meet up with my camp friend who ran into me on Friday night at the Louvre. I luckily found her hotel again and we both chatted while writing in our journals. It was great to see her again! To end off the night, we walked down the block to get a delicious crepe - Mmmm!
  • And that puts me back here! Its so sad that my days are numbered..I don't want to leave Paris! Tomorrow is a visit to Musee D'Orsay..One I have been looking forward to this entire trip!!!

1 comment:

  1. Keep having fun - that is what this is all about. Life will be waiting for you back in the states.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete