Saturday, May 9, 2009

Friday at Versailles

  • Sorry I haven't written in a few days..we've been busy! On Thursday, we had 6 hours of class again, goodness are those long days! Especially when the sun was shining so gloriously and we were stuck in a classroom! I have three different professors that teach our class, and so far my afternoon "lumberjack" prof was my favorite. (He was wearing a flannel shirt and had a beard so that's how he got his nickname from us!) He was my favorite prof though because he speaks a little bit more slowly so that we can actually understand him! As I said before, all our instruction is given in French, so you have to be listening carefully and making sure you understand all the directions! Its really fun though, I think we are learning a lot more because of the intense exposure. During our break from noon to 2, I got lunch from the school's "cafeteria" - basically a little deli bar you can buy food at, and sat in the courtyard to eat, chat with everyone else, write in my journal, and write out postcards! I even got a little bit of a sunburn.
  • Yesterday was our day at Versailles! I have to admit, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be! (I also didn't take as many photos as I thought I was going to..) We had a tour through the palace then spent the afternoon wandering through the gardens. Jayna and I relaxed a bit down by a "pond" where there were lots of ducks! It is really cool to say that I've napped in the gardens of Versailles! :) The fountains all came on at 3:30, so that was fun to see. And they had music playing to set the mood. I could just imagine past kings and queens wandering around the grounds!
  • We have a free weekend these next two days (as in no officially planned group activities). A bunch of us are meeting this afternoon to see the catacombs, which should be an interesting visit! Other than that, I'm not sure what else is in store for me this weekend! Probably some shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment