Sunday, May 3, 2009

Twinkling, not sparkling!

I just got back from seeing the Eiffel Tower at night for the first time and it was breathtaking! I met Jayna at my Metro stop and then we met Corey at another stop right across the river from the Tower. It was really funny because we first got off the Metro and then consulted a map to see if we could figure out the best direction to go. However, we couldn't find the streets on our map exactly so we just decided to cross this bridge that looked somewhat promising. And then we saw it! Jayna and I freaked out just a little; I'm sure you would as well because it is a spectactular sight! We plan to go back and visit it again in the evening! At night it is always lit up, but on the hour it twinkles for 5 minutes. Currently it is malfunctioning and is twinkling every 20 minutes or so. We were informed of this from two American women that were also there taking in the view. (Odd, but it was kind of nice to have an extended conversation in English with people not in our group!) This was definitely an experience of a life time - something I've always wanted to see. I think its beginning to hit me that I am in Paris, but I'm not quite sure yet.
  • The formatting on this site is not quite working the way I want it to, so please bear with me. And I apologize for my eariler post, it was time to go eat supper.
  • Tonight's supper was most definitely entertaining. I am trying to use more and more of my developing French skills and can feel myself becoming more confident in stringing together somewhat coherent sentences. My downfall now is a lack of vocabulary, which is growing every day!
  • Tomorrow morning we start school and I'm very excited! But now it is time for bed on my cozy cushion foam of delight on the top bunk of a bed in an apartment located just a few blocks north of the Arc de Triumph!

No comments:

Post a Comment