Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lots of thinking!

  • This afternoon we visited The Rodin Museum and saw the Thinker! I finally decided to put a photo on here with people in it (other than myself..haha). This photo is of our group listening to our guide Edith, in the garden area of The Rodin Museum by the original Thinker. (Several others like it exist in various parts of the world and even at this museum, but this is the ONE.) Visiting an art museum today was a nice change up from all the historical museums and places we've visited. Though I am really looking forward to our trip to Versailles on Friday! That is one place I've wanted to visit for a very long time... But first I have to get through 6 hours of class tomorrow, it will be an experience.
  • Speaking of class, it was our second day of class this morning! And let me tell you, 9 am is a bit early to be thinking and conversing and learning vocabulary of another language! But I am feeling more and more confident, which is very exciting. (My English is also failing me more and more!) We did some worksheets, group work, and listened to a dialogue. Our class is intense, I know that I am learning a lot and its only been two days! Compared to classes in the US, we move much more quickly and the professors most definitely have more power (in a good way) over the students. Also, a huge difference I've noticed is that very little English, or other languages, are spoken in the classroom by the prof or students..which adds to the level of intensity. But I like it, I'm glad to be learning while I am here!
  • Not quite as good as the tuba story from yesterday, but as we were walking down the street today after class, a French man rode by on his bike wearing headphones and was singing out loud "Womanizer." Oh goodness, that quite possibly made my day!
  • After the museum tour today, lots of us sat in the museum's gardens by a fountain and sculptures and worked on our homework, journaling, and writing out postcards. When we got a little chilly a few of us went to a cafe and continued writing and chatting. Now I'm back at our apartment hoping to have a chance to go through the 1000+ photos I have from barely a week here!

1 comment:

  1. sooooooooo..... im somewhat dissappointed that you havent updated since... wednesday.... technically its saturday now and i still havent heard from you... i thought we were like, besties... whats up with that? unless you died in europe, in which case im gonna feel reallllllllyyyyy bad about saying all this stuff to you... but im sure you didnt :)

    ReplyDelete